IDEA RCS is a software for the calculation of reinforced concrete section checks according to EN 1992-1-1 and 1992-2 with or without a national application document and for the calculation of reinforced concrete section checks according to SIA 262:2003.
It is a standalone application used in addition to a standard static analysis. IDEA RCS can be used in two modes:
►As a standalone application in addition to a standard static analysis. Cross-sections, reinforcement and load effects have to be entered by user.
►As a module linked to superior application. Cross-sections and load effects or prestressing reinforcement are generated from superior application (BIM interface). In this mode the functionalities are adapted according to the needs and possibilities. Data for standalone IDEA RCS application can be exported from IDEA RCS running as a module. Sections, loads, internal forces can be imported from FEA programs like Midas, Axis VM, SCIA Engineer and others
- Complete design of plain/ reinforced/ prestressed concrete cross-sections
- General/ predefined cross-sectional shapes of beams, columns, one-way and two-way slabs, walls, deep beams
- Pre/ post tensioned/ composite concrete-concrete cross-sections
- Prestressing loss due to elastic strain, long-term loses
- Comprehensive ULS/ SLS code checks
- Concrete member sections with longitudinal, torsional and shear reinforcement for Ultimate limit state Design (ULS) and Serviceability Limit State Design (SLS) with an optional function to calculate the long or short term stiffness of (cracked) cross-section for deflection verification. Moreover, a detailed response check for user defined internal forces is available as well as a possibility to analyze the interaction of all internal forces including shear and torsional forces. A set of practical cross-section like T-, L-, Rectangular, Circular or O-shaped cross-section can be used as well as a free form cross-section (so called ‘general cross-section’)
- Concrete slab sections in a defined point for one-way, two-way slabs, walls or deep beams for Ultimate limit state Design (ULS) and Serviceability Limit State Design (SLS). Moreover, a detailing response check and check of the crack width is available.
- Prestressing can be applied into cross-sections of beams either using pre-tensioned tendons or using post-tensioned tendons.
- Beam - adds a new 1D-member section with type Beam with a new reinforced section
- Compression member - adds a new 1D-member section with type Compression member with a new reinforced section.
- One-way slab - adds new 1D-member section with member type One*way slab with a new reinforced section.
- Shell-Slab - adds a new 2D-member section with member type Shell-slab (combination of membrane and bending forces, detailing rules according slabs) with a new reinforced section.
- Shell-Wall - adds a new 2D-member section with member type Shell-wall (combination of membrane and bending forces, detailing rules according walls) with a new reinforced section
- Slab - adds a new 2D-member section with member type Slab (bending forces) with a new reinforced section.
- Wall - adds a new 2D-member section with member type Wall (membrane forces) with a new reinforced section.
- Deep beam - adds a new 2D-member section with member type Deep beam (membrane forces) with a new reinforced section.
Cross-sections available for beam members:
Cross-sections available for compression members:
Cross-sections available for staged sections (licence for time dependent analysis is required)::
You can also add general section by inputs of vertex coordinates, with openings of standard shape or general shape by input of vertex coordinates.
You can add reinforcement to a section by predefined reinforcement templates or by other modes that allows you to input reinforcement of any kind of shape, and then youcan save it as a new user template and reuse it any time you want.
IDEA Statica FREE Download
Please fill in the form below and we will send you an email with the link to download the FREE version of the software and all the instructions to the email address you entered.
Please fill in the following form, our staff will answer as soon as possible to the email address you entered.