IDEA StatiCa BIM - link with other programs
IDEA StatiCa is not only a program where the user defines geometry, loads and other data, but also supports a BIM interface that allows to import steel elements (unions, connections) including loads (internal forces) from others programs.
- Link with many structural software
- Link with many FEA / CAD programs
- Bidirectional BIM Link
- Elements and loads import
- Easy to use
- Management of multiple nodes simultaneously
Bim Links - Examples
Each engineering office has several programs to deal with different tasks of engineering practice. Outputs of one program are often inputs of the other and vice versa. That is why we developed a unique IDEA BIM (building information modelling) interface which connects IDEA StatiCa with other programs in an easy and effective way. IDEA BIM enables engineers to get inputs from their current software – it instantly transfers model of internal forces to IDEA StatiCa where required members/details can be designed. Some of IDEA BIM links are also two-way, i.e. transferring results from IDEA StatiCa back to FEA program.
Imported structure in IDEA BIM Selected node Precise model of the steel joint
- Work on common data model with external 3D structural FEA programs
- Interface for data import from external FEA programs
- 1D and 2D members – beams, columns, slabs, walls
- Definition of design members –FEA model elements joined together
- Association of members into design groups
- Design is done only for one representative member of design group
- Design of concrete members
- Design of steel members
- Presentation of results even on mixed structure made of different materials
- Update of model in FEA program after proper design of members
- Update of designed members after new calculation in FEA program
- Bill of material
IDEA StatiCa BIM works with design members across all IDEA StatiCa applications and various FEA programs.
Member is divided into zones and reinforcement is specified in each of them. All checks which are available for cross-section are applied on the zone. The stiffness of reinforced member is calculated for short and long term effects of loads. The creep and cracks are taken into account. The real deflections are calculated and check according to code requirements.
Continuous beam of two spans has 5 zones of reinforcement. The same reinforcement is supposed to be at the ends of the beam (A-A), in spans as well (B-B). Reinforcement C-C is expected to be above the middle support
The zones are edited in the table. User can see reinforced section for current section.
All sections in the zone are checked. IDEA StatiCa evaluates all extreme values along the zone and they are used for check of reinforced section. Results are presented in tables – brief or detailed. Similarly to other IDEA StatiCa applications, overall result summary is displayed in Info window
More detailed results for all zones.
Stiffness of cross-sections along the member. Creep and cracks are taken into account.
Final deflections are calculated for new stiffness. Deflections are compared with code provisions.
Info window provides the flash info about the design and check results.
User interface is adapted for column members. Required buckling data are edited.
Design of column member.
IDEA Statica FREE Download
Please fill in the form below and we will send you an email with the link to download the FREE version of the software and all the instructions to the email address you entered.
Please fill in the following form, our staff will answer as soon as possible to the email address you entered.